Any mom, multi-tasker, or proud diva was born with some incredible SuperPowers that have spearheaded them to where they are today. Now granted, you are probably reading this and saying to yourself “sure in some alternative reality do I have super powers, I am delirious, and that’s about it”.
We all go through these modes, but I can tell you there is much more inside you than you give yourself credit for. As a woman we are constantly able to juggle a multitude of tasks, all while making breakfast and finishing up a school project or two. We don’t think twice, we are basically wired to simply…make it happen!
Your SuperPowers are there to make you shine when they are nurtured and well taken care of. Here are my top five tips, that I share in my book SuperPowers, A Busy Woman’s Guide to Health and Happiness, to light them up and relish in the glow:
1. Food is Fuel; I realize that many times we feel comforted in our food choices especially when surrounded by the chaos of a day. Here is the thing, that cookie may please you at the moment but it will never have pity on the hips, or your energy for that matter. Fuel yourself for success, drink a cup of tea or paint your nails for comfort. Eat foods that empower you with nutrition so that you become energized like never before.
2. Sleep like the queen you are! Oh yes, quality sleep means that you woke up ready for your day, without the need of a forklift to get you out of bed. Your sleep is the time to both physically and mentally recover from the days past. Your room should be pitch dark and colder than usual, and when you wake up in the morning you should feel refreshed.
3. To really ramp up your SuperPowers the body is designed to move, and I mean move with purpose. Add in a walk, workout, or even just a set of push-ups here and there to get the juices flowing, and the energy going. Every time you can increase your heart rate, even if for a few minutes, you actually add energy to your day, you clear the mind, and reset for the next task ahead.
4. Most of my SuperPower pals, including myself, give so much to so many without taking the time to do something for ourselves. Every day, you need to set aside a few minutes, or more if you have the luxury, and do something for you. Something that you really want to do, enjoy, and inspires YOU. Taking that time will reignite your powers and super charge you for the next challenge at hand.
5. Did you know that the average child will laugh 400 times, yet the average adult 15? Happiness is a very important part of both health and SuperPowers. You need to be happy, inspired, and ready and willing to motivate all those around you. No one is in charge of your feelings and no one can give or take them away from you. It’s time to change those statistics, laugh like no one is watching, and be proud of who you are and the SuperPowers that make you awesome.
SuperPowers are your birthright, take back your energy, add in a smile, and share it with the world!